* Re: [Caml-list] Link tracking
@ 2008-09-29 15:10 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2008-09-29 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 14:30:34 Chris Clearwater wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 20:03 +0100, Jon Harrop wrote:
> > Dr Jon Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd.
> > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e
>
> I notice that your caml-list postings tack "?e" onto the end of all
> links to your company page. You seem to use "?u" on your c.l.f postings.
> Is this used to gauge the effective of drawing eyeballs to your website?

Yes. Forgive my posting this to the list but I noticed none of my posts have
gone through lately so I want to make sure this works... ;-)

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e

* thousands of CPU cores
@ 2008-07-10  5:57 J C
From: J C @ 2008-07-10  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I know that Caml team wanted to see if many-core shared-memory systems
were going to stick around before bothering with Caml development that
takes advantage of them.

Well, it looks like they are here to stay, after all:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-9981760-64.html

As much as I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I think Caml
has been a great and grossly underappreciated product, I need to see
if writing Caml is a viable code investment for the coming years or
something like Haskell, SML, F# or even Ada will be a better long-term
alternative.

Are there plans to make Caml threads OS-native threads, or add
OpenMP-style primitives, or otherwise support multiple CPU cores? And
if so, roughly in what time frame?