* Reading external references from cmo/cmx files
@ 2008-10-04 20:20 Jason Noakes
From: Jason Noakes @ 2008-10-04 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Are there any tools or examples that would allow me to take a .cmo or .cmx
file and produce a list of the external modules that are referenced from
that file?

I'm trying to sort a list of .cmo or .cmx files so that they may link
successfully.

  ocamlc -o binary a.cmo b.cmo c.cmo

I know of the "ocamldsort" tool but I'd rather have a tool that took in
the binaries and sorted those (it fits much better in my Makefile that
way). The ocamldsort tool only works on source files.

If I could just read a list of external module references out of a .cmo
file I could topologically sort them on my own (or error out if there is a
cycle).

Any ideas?

-JJ

--