* Parametrizing ocamlyacc
@ 2008-11-12 14:30 Andrej Bauer
From: Andrej Bauer @ 2008-11-12 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I have the following situation:

- a signature S
- two modules A and B, which both implement S
- an ocamlyacc file which refers to an implementation of S

I want to generate two executable, one where A is used and another
where B is used.

The most logical thing would be to turn the ocamlyacc part into a
functor which accepts an implementation of S. But there does not seem
to be any way of doing this. What can I do?

Can menhir do this?

Best regards,

Andrej

* Re: [Caml-list] Parametrizing ocamlyacc
@ 2008-11-12 15:35 ` Francois Pottier
From: Francois Pottier @ 2008-11-12 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Bauer; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 03:30:22PM +0100, Andrej Bauer wrote:
> The most logical thing would be to turn the ocamlyacc part into a
> functor which accepts an implementation of S. But there does not seem
> to be any way of doing this. What can I do?
>
> Can menhir do this?

Yes, Menhir has a keyword (%parameter) that allows precisely this.

--
François Pottier
Francois.Pottier@inria.fr