From: Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] The new OCaml book (Objective Caml Programming Language by Tim Rentsch)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:40:59 +0000	[thread overview]

On Friday 27 February 2009 14:28:58 Tom Hutchinson wrote:
> I know a people have resorted to just printing out the pdf of the
> draft. Great to finally buy this in a normal form.
>
> Never heard of the publisher though.

Looks like the publisher was created just to publish this book, as we created
Flying Frog to publish OCaml for Scientists four years ago.

The publishers were kind enough to send me a complimentary copy so I shall
blog a review on OCaml News in due course. Suffice to say that the content
(264 pages from the main 17 chapters) is excellent from a purely theoretical
standpoint and, I would say, targets undergrad computer scientists preparing
to sit exams about OCaml. The book covers advanced topics in detail and
contains lots of academic exercises. In particular, about a third of the book
is devoted to OCaml's approach to object oriented programming.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e