* Symbolic integration
@ 2009-05-07  5:21 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2009-05-07  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'd like to have a play with symbolic integration and was wondering if anyone
had implemented one of the algorithms in OCaml?

I found a tiny implementation written in Maple here (but I do not have Maple):

  http://www-sop.inria.fr/cafe/Manuel.Bronstein/pmint/

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e

* Re: [Caml-list] Symbolic integration
@ 2009-05-08  8:13 ` Grünewald Michaël
From: Grünewald Michaël @ 2009-05-08  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop, caml-list

Le 7 mai 09 à 07:21, Jon Harrop a écrit :

> I'd like to have a play with symbolic integration and was wondering
> if anyone
> had implemented one of the algorithms in OCaml?

IIRC, I have seen such a thing as an «OCaml Math. Framework» in Jane
Street's OCaml related project (in the 2006 or the 2007 session). I
have read part of their code and they seem follow the way of formal
manipulations to implement objects and computations. Thus you might be
interested in this code.

Happy googling!
--
Michaël

* Re: [Caml-list] Symbolic integration
@ 2009-05-08 10:00   ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2009-05-08 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Friday 08 May 2009 09:13:12 Grünewald Michaël wrote:
> Le 7 mai 09 à 07:21, Jon Harrop a écrit :
> > I'd like to have a play with symbolic integration and was wondering
> > if anyone
> > had implemented one of the algorithms in OCaml?
>
> IIRC, I have seen such a thing as an «OCaml Math. Framework» in Jane
> Street's OCaml related project (in the 2006 or the 2007 session). I
> have read part of their code and they seem follow the way of formal
> manipulations to implement objects and computations. Thus you might be
> interested in this code.

Great. Where is the code? I can never find the code for Jane St. summer
projects...

@ 2009-05-08 10:05   ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2009-05-08 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Friday 08 May 2009 09:13:12 Grünewald Michaël wrote:
> Le 7 mai 09 à 07:21, Jon Harrop a écrit :
> > I'd like to have a play with symbolic integration and was wondering
> > if anyone
> > had implemented one of the algorithms in OCaml?
>
> IIRC, I have seen such a thing as an «OCaml Math. Framework» in Jane
> Street's OCaml related project (in the 2006 or the 2007 session). I
> have read part of their code and they seem follow the way of formal
> manipulations to implement objects and computations. Thus you might be
> interested in this code.
>
> Happy googling!

Ah, got it from Alexandre Chapoutot's website:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocaml-mf/

Thanks!

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e