From: Peng Zang <peng.zang@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Cc: Hugo Ferreira <hmf@inescporto.pt>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Shared types: circular dependency in modules with polymorphic type
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:20:18 -0400	[thread overview]

You could try factoring the complicated type out of U.t and keep it abstract.
All that was holding back your original solution from working was the fact
that the type was defined in U and so couldn't be shared.

Maybe something like:

module Make_P (VI:VB)
              (T:COMPLEXTYPE)
	      (UI:U with type instance = T.t and type t = T.t VI.t)
              (RI:R with type instance = UI.instance and type t = UI.t)
struct .. end

Peng