* ocamlnet ( Http_client and other stuff )
@ 2010-04-18 22:16 Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2010-04-18 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

after using Nethtml for HTNML-parsing (nice!) and Pcre (nice!)
I now want to use other modules from the ocamlnet stuff.

At the moment I want just write a simple webfile retriever.
So, some http-get stuff for webpages.
But later I may need more advanced features.

Some years ago I tried some of the ocamlnet stuff,
but have forgotten the details.

As far as I can remember, there was an OO-based lib, which makes web
access very easy, but for more specialized stuff, such as cookies, one
should use the http_client library, because that OO-stuff did only
provide simple protocoll stuff.

I'm not sure if the other OO-stuff was enhanced since then.

Is there an overview on the different libs, with recommendations,
which library is useful for what task?

Some examples also would be fine.

BTW: there is Pcre as well as Netstring_pcre. When to use which?
  Should I always prefer Netstring_pcre for web stuff?

Ciao,
    Oliver

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-04-18 22:16 UTC | newest]