From: oliver@first.in-berlin.de
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OPLP: Ocaml APache Log Parser
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:54:22 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 02:45:49PM +0100, Chris Yocum wrote:
> Dear Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to let Ocaml'ers know that I am currently working on an
> apache combined log parser.  It is still in very early stages of
> development but patches/comments/feature requests/bug reports are very
> welcome.  The code lives on github (http://github.com/cyocum/OPLP).
[...]

Aha... long ago I had done something similar, and it had an sql-like
language for using it.

The annoyance (and advantage ;)) with the apache logfiles is, that there
are many "standard" formats, and you also can design your own output format.

So it would make sense (I didn't do that) to parse the apache config files,
and create a logparser from that information...

Do you have planned to do this, or do you want to stick with some of the
most used formats?

Ciao,
   Oliver