* OCaml + mingw-w64
@ 2010-11-22 12:03 Christoph Cullmann
From: Christoph Cullmann @ 2010-11-22 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

atm we compile out large ocaml application (Astree, http://www.astree.ens.fr/)
with ocaml + MSVC64.

I would like to go away from MSVC to mingw, to e.g. have gdb available and
more unix like environment.

Atm it seems only the normal mingw (32bit) is supported.
I found some problem with using the 64bit version with flexlinker, which I
reported to Alain Frisch to get that sorted out.

Aside from that, I think a problem might be, that there is no matching
assembler for amd64 + mingw (windows calling convention).

Is that correct and could somebody help me out with this?
I think, given that gcc on unices with 64bit work fine here, it shouldn't be
too much effort to get mingw-w64 working too, enabling to have a nice (and fast
for the bytecode interpreter) variant of ocaml for win64 using mostly open
source components ;)

Other feedback (which is valid for MSVC64, too):

In ocaml 3.12, in byterun/major_gc.h, there is:

intnat caml_major_collection_slice (long howmuch)

whereas in the .c file that is:

intnat caml_major_collection_slice (intnat howmuch)

As intnat is with mingw-w64 long long, this doesn't match.
Should not the header use intnat, too?

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-11-22 12:04 UTC | newest]