From: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr>
To: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Re: Great Renaming
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:05:29 +0200	[thread overview]

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   On 07/29/2011 06:59 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:

   > Another side effect: caml.inria.fr points to active-dvi !

   Unrelated, but thanks for reporting it.  It seems that INRIA's DNS is
   broken and reports two different IP addresses for caml.inria.fr, the
   correct one and the one of the server hosting advi.inria.fr...

=> I've tried all servers of inria.fr and all answered with a CNAME
to pauillac.inria.fr (i.e., caml is an alias of pauillac) which has
the address 128.93.11.35 (IPv4, no IPv6 address) and BTW is an
alias of advi.inria.fr too (i.e., advi has a CNAME pointing to
pauillac).
Note this is not necessary what you can get as DNS records can be
cached and according to what I can see in this case for up to 2 days.

   > Do you plan to keep caml.inria.fr as well? or to add ocaml.inria.fr?

=> the simplest should be to add ocaml as an alias of caml
(note if caml is itself an alias ocaml must point to the canonical name:
CNAME chains are forbidden by RFCs so can't be assumed to work well
everywhere).

Regards

Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr

PS: Xavier, passe le bonjour de ma part...