* [Caml-list] MP3 Tag Editing
@ 2011-10-20 15:15 David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2011-10-20 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

I have a slightly strange piece of re-tagging to do to some MP3s and was
having a quick look to see if there were any OCaml libraries/bindings for
reading and writing ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.

A cursory glance revealed MP3tags on the hump but its dependencies seem to
be out of date and it wasn't clear that I'd be able to build it in a newer
ocaml because of camlp4 problems...

Can anyone recommend a library?

TIA,

David

* Re: [Caml-list] MP3 Tag Editing
@ 2011-10-20 15:31 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2011-10-20 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Allsopp; +Cc: OCaml List

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:15:10 -0500
"David Allsopp" <dra-news@metastack.com> wrote:

> I have a slightly strange piece of re-tagging to do to some MP3s and was
> having a quick look to see if there were any OCaml libraries/bindings for
> reading and writing ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.
>
> A cursory glance revealed MP3tags on the hump but its dependencies seem to
> be out of date and it wasn't clear that I'd be able to build it in a newer
> ocaml because of camlp4 problems...
>
> Can anyone recommend a library?

You can give a try to mp3tag:
  http://www.nongnu.org/mp3tag/
I just commited a compilation fix to use lablgtk-extras library[1]. You
must checkout the CVS trunk:
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/mp3tag co mp3tag

Hope this will help you,

Maxence

* Re: [Caml-list] MP3 Tag Editing
@ 2011-10-23 10:25 ` Romain Beauxis
From: Romain Beauxis @ 2011-10-23 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Allsopp; +Cc: OCaml List

2011/10/20 David Allsopp <dra-news@metastack.com>:
> I have a slightly strange piece of re-tagging to do to some MP3s and was
> having a quick look to see if there were any OCaml libraries/bindings for
> reading and writing ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.
>
> A cursory glance revealed MP3tags on the hump but its dependencies seem to
> be out of date and it wasn't clear that I'd be able to build it in a newer
> ocaml because of camlp4 problems...
>
> Can anyone recommend a library?

For not too particular id3 uses, ocaml-taglib is up-to date and functional:
  http://savonet.sourceforge.net/modules/ocaml-taglib/Taglib.html

Romain