* [Caml-list] ocamldoc: Howto crossreference another library?
@ 2012-03-07  8:58 Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2012-03-07  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

consider

    (** Uses {!print_endline} *)
    let f () = print_endline "Hello"

What do I have to do such that ocamldoc generates a
crossreference to
file:///usr/share/doc/ocaml-doc/ocaml.html/libref/Pervasives.html#VALprint_endline
?

Bye,

Hendrik

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc: Howto crossreference another library?
@ 2012-03-07  9:11 ` Maxence Guesdon
From: Maxence Guesdon @ 2012-03-07  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Tews; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:58:02 +0100
Hendrik Tews <tews@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> consider
>
>     (** Uses {!print_endline} *)
>     let f () = print_endline "Hello"
>
> What do I have to do such that ocamldoc generates a
> crossreference to
> file:///usr/share/doc/ocaml-doc/ocaml.html/libref/Pervasives.html#VALprint_endline
> ?

OCamldoc can only create links to elements it knows about, i.e. in modules
given on command line (or loaded from a dump).
So the answer is: you can't.

Regards,

Maxence

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc: Howto crossreference another library?
@ 2012-03-12  8:28   ` Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2012-03-12  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Maxence Guesdon <Maxence.Guesdon@inria.fr> writes:

   So the answer is: you can't.

Thanks for the fast answer! I filed feature wish #5533 about
this.

@ 2012-03-13 15:26   ` Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2012-03-13 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Maxence Guesdon <Maxence.Guesdon@inria.fr> writes:

   Hendrik Tews <tews@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

   >     (** Uses {!print_endline} *)
   >     let f () = print_endline "Hello"
   >
   > What do I have to do such that ocamldoc generates a
   > crossreference to
   > file:///usr/share/doc/ocaml-doc/ocaml.html/libref/Pervasives.html#VALprint_endline
   > ?

   OCamldoc can only create links to elements it knows about, i.e. in modules
   given on command line (or loaded from a dump).
   So the answer is: you can't.

After some discussion in the bug tracker, it turns out that one
can get pretty far with a ocamldoc custom generator that uses the
undocumented feature of custom text elements.

See http://askra.de/software/misc/odoc_xref.ml for my preliminary
version of such a generator.

Bye,

Hendrik