From: Jeffrey Scofield <jeffsco@psellos.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] OCaml app for iOS, Schnapsen card game
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:13:07 -0500	[thread overview]

As more proof that you can write real-world iOS apps in OCaml, our little
outfit Psellos has just released a second OCaml app through the App Store.
It plays the classic card games Schnapsen and Sixty-Six.

You can find info about the app at our website:

    http://psellos.com/

We think using OCaml was a real advantage in building the game-playing
engine.  It also seemed a great fit for the animation subsystem that I
wrote to make the cards move (immutably).

Also, these are great card games.  One of our friends was inspired by
the app to start up a blog about Schnapsen (also on the website).

In addition to the two apps that we sell (for cheap), I've written 5
apps that show how to code for iOS in OCaml.  The sources for all 5 are
available at our website in the OCaml section
(http://psellos.com/ocaml/).  A few people have used these examples as
the basis for their own apps.

There's also info on how to cross compile to iOS and to the iOS
Simulator, how to build the cross compilers we're using, and how to use
OpenGL ES from OCaml.

Recently there was a question about updating our tools to work with
Apple's latest Xcode.  Now that the app is released, I'll be doing that
as soon as I can.

I'm trying my best to start a worldwide OCaml-on-iOS craze :-), and
would be very happy to hear from anyone interested.

Regards,

Jeffrey Scofield
Seattle

jeffsco@psellos.com