* Re: [Caml-list] pretty-printing with camlp4?
@ 2012-07-08 17:09 Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2012-07-08 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 04:34:34PM +0200, Nicolas Ojeda Bar wrote:

> On the other hand, with Camlp5 it is possible to write pretty
> printers for arbitrary ASTs
> (see <http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/camlp5/doc/html/printers.html>),
> so I imagine there must be a way to do the same thing with Camlp4...

No. This feature has been developped only in Camlp5.

--
Daniel de Rauglaudre
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/

* [Caml-list] pretty-printing with camlp4?
@ 2012-07-08 14:34 Nicolas Ojeda Bar
From: Nicolas Ojeda Bar @ 2012-07-08 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Is it possible to use Camlp4 to write pretty printers of arbitrary
data? The signature Camlp4.Sig.Printer seems to indicate the pretty
printing facility only works with OCaml ASTs...

On the other hand, with Camlp5 it is possible to write pretty
printers for arbitrary ASTs
(see <http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/camlp5/doc/html/printers.html>),
so I imagine there must be a way to do the same thing with Camlp4...

Thanks!
Nicolas