* [Caml-list] [ANN] Argot: 1.1 release
@ 2012-08-05 11:32 forum
From: forum @ 2012-08-05 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: forum

Dear list,

This post announces the 1.1 release of the Argot project, whose goal
is to provide
an enhanced HTML generator for ocamldoc, released under the GPL v3.

Home page: http://argot.x9c.fr
Preview page (for search feature):
http://argot.x9c.fr/distrib/argot-4.00-libref-frame/index.html
Forge page: https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/argot/

Main changes since 1.0:
   - full-text search over comments
   - search by type can now take advantage of type manifests
   - search by type now handles labeled parameters
   - search by type now handles optional parameters
   - new '-search-frame' command-line switch to have search panel in a frame,
     rather than in a window
   - update for OCaml 4.00.0

Xavier Clerc

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Argot: 1.1 release
@ 2012-08-05 11:41 ` forum
From: forum @ 2012-08-05 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: forum

forum@x9c.fr a écrit :

> Dear list,
>
> This post announces the 1.1 release of the Argot project, whose goal
> is to provide
> an enhanced HTML generator for ocamldoc, released under the GPL v3.
>
> Home page: http://argot.x9c.fr
> Preview page (for search feature):
> http://argot.x9c.fr/distrib/argot-4.00-libref-frame/index.html

The preview URL is wrong, one should use one of the following:
   - http://argot.x9c.fr/distrib/argot-4.00-libref-frame/argot_index.html
   - http://argot.x9c.fr/distrib/argot-4.00-libref-popup/index.html

Sorry for the noise,

@ 2012-08-05 12:04 ` rixed
From: rixed @ 2012-08-05 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I can't build it on ocaml 3.12.1:

File "src/search.mli", line 21, characters 30-54:
Error: Unbound module Odoc_html.Generator

According to ocamlobjinfo, Odoc_html module is not present in odoc_info.cma.
OCaml's ocamldoc/Makefile lists odoc_html in EXECMOFILES but not in CMOFILES,
which is the list of modules gathered in odoc_info.cma. Aparently it was
not deemed worth of installation back then. :-)

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Argot: 1.1 release
@ 2012-08-05 12:37   ` forum
From: forum @ 2012-08-05 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, rixed; +Cc: forum

rixed@happyleptic.org a écrit :

> I can't build it on ocaml 3.12.1:
>
> File "src/search.mli", line 21, characters 30-54:
> Error: Unbound module Odoc_html.Generator
>
> According to ocamlobjinfo, Odoc_html module is not present in odoc_info.cma.
> OCaml's ocamldoc/Makefile lists odoc_html in EXECMOFILES but not in CMOFILES,
> which is the list of modules gathered in odoc_info.cma. Aparently it was
> not deemed worth of installation back then. :-)

Well, sorry about that but 3.12 is no longer supported.

The ocamldoc APIs are different in 3.12 and 4.00, and I
don't want to support both.

Regards,

Xavier Clerc