* [Caml-list] Old and new OCaml installed on same machine?
@ 2013-02-18  7:22 oliver
From: oliver @ 2013-02-18  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

any ideas on how to manage multiple OCaml-installations
on one machine, without running into trouble?

I have 3.11.2 here on my old Ubuntu box.
I built OCaml 4.00, but stopped before the "make install",
because on a target system (a server providing my web stuff)
there also is 3.11.2 installed (older Debian system), and I'm
not root at that system.

But I want to compile my code there also.
So I may need to develop in two branches for a while
and do merges.

When I remove my 3.11.2, the testing would need me to work
on the remote machine, when testing the old-branch (the merges).
Possible, but more effort (and network delays are annoying).

Can more than one OCaml be installed and used in an easy way?
Or should I forget this issue because of "mission impossible"
or because of "that needs too much effort"?

(I use OCamlMakefile for building my stuff.)

Any ideas on that?

Ciao,
   Oliver