From: oliver <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>
To: "Török Edwin" <edwin+ml-ocaml@etorok.net>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Licenses - Confusion
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 00:52:31 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 04:02:00PM +0300, Török Edwin wrote:
> On 05/22/2013 03:34 PM, oliver wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I did publish one of my tools as GPLv3.
> > It is written in OCaml.
> >
> > Now I saw at another project, that there is the need
> > for an "OCaml exception" regarding linking.
> >
> > If thats true I may have missed a crucial points
> > when thinking about the license for tools written in OCaml.
>
> I think that only matters if you release a *library* under LGPL.
[...]

OK, it seems, this is the point of distinction: if it is a library,
then the things, that were explained in this thread, about OCaml
and linking and checksums must be taken into account.

But when just publishing a program that should be used as is,
then it does not matter.

So, my questions were answered by you and others.

Thanks to all participants.

Ciao,
   Oliver