* [Caml-list] OASIS help - libraries with mixed C/C++ part
@ 2013-10-05 10:13 Michał Kurcewicz
From: Michał Kurcewicz @ 2013-10-05 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am migrating some old code from OCamlMakefile to a oasis/ocamlbuild based
build process. While the migration is generally straightforward, I have
encountered some problems with a library where the C part includes mixed
C/C++ code. Putting the C++ files into CSources: in _oasis does not seem to
work, the files are not even copied over to the _build directory, changing
the file extensions and adding some options (-x c++) also does not solve
the problem. What is recommended way to build libraries that include a
mixed C/C++ part using OASIS/ocamlbuild?

Regards,

--mk

* Re: [Caml-list] OASIS help - libraries with mixed C/C++ part
@ 2013-10-05 13:58 ` Philippe Veber
From: Philippe Veber @ 2013-10-05 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michał Kurcewicz; +Cc: caml users

Hi Michal,

for an example you can have a look at a binding [1] of the Irrlicht 3d
engine (for the record my fork [2] currently has a small addition) or a
binding [3] I started (but never got very far) of the Ogre3D library. The
latter shows how to put the C++ files in a subdirectory, which was not that
easy to obtain.

HTH,
  Philippe.

[1] https://github.com/antegallya/OCaml-Irrlicht
[2] https://github.com/pveber/OCaml-Irrlicht
[3] https://github.com/pveber/ogrillon

@ 2013-10-06  3:19 ` ygrek
From: ygrek @ 2013-10-06  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 12:13:28 +0200
Michał Kurcewicz <michal.kurcewicz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am migrating some old code from OCamlMakefile to a oasis/ocamlbuild based
> build process. While the migration is generally straightforward, I have
> encountered some problems with a library where the C part includes mixed
> C/C++ code. Putting the C++ files into CSources: in _oasis does not seem to
> work, the files are not even copied over to the _build directory, changing
> the file extensions and adding some options (-x c++) also does not solve
> the problem. What is recommended way to build libraries that include a
> mixed C/C++ part using OASIS/ocamlbuild?

One also needs to link with stdc++
The following should work

  CCopt: -g -x c++ -O2 -Wextra -Wstrict-overflow=5 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wfatal-errors
  CClib: -lstdc++