I'm trying to compile OCaml for arm64/aarch64. I'm currently trying the trunk branch from: https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml which should be identical to SVN. It requires a trivial patch which is attached. I'm using qemu as an arm64 userspace emulator, with Fedora Rawhide: http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/how-to-run-aarch64-binaries-on-an-x86-64-host-using-qemu-userspace-emulation/#content Anyway, it hangs, consistently as soon as it tries to run any ocamlopt-compiled program. During the compile, the first hang is here: ../../ocamlcomp.sh -c -w +33..39 -warn-error A -g -nolabels unix.mli [which runs the just-compiled ocamlc.opt], but even a trivial test program hangs: $ echo 'print_endline "hello, world"' > test.ml $ ./boot/ocamlrun ./ocamlopt -I stdlib stdlib.cmxa test.ml -o test $ ./test [hangs here] Disassembly shows this really is an aarch64 native binary. Unfortunately because of the technique I'm using (qemu-arm64) I cannot use gdb or strace to look at where it is hanging, although I am reasonably sure that it's not hanging *because* of qemu -- at least, I've been able to compile and run masses of software using gcc under the same conditions. Has anyone seen this or have any other ideas? Am I using the right branch for arm64 work? Rich. -- Richard Jones Red Hat