* [Caml-list] ocamldebug improvement patches
@ 2014-01-10 18:15 Josh Watzman
From: Josh Watzman @ 2014-01-10 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

A few weeks ago, I submitted Mantis tickets including patches which I believe make ocamldebug much more usable for a human user. No one has reviewed or responded to them yet, and it was suggested I post here: would someone with commit access be so kind as to take a look at the patches, and either commit them if they are acceptable, or let me know if not so I can improve them and resubmit? I personally find the quirks in ocamldebug that these patches fix quite frustrating, and I would love to see the changes incorporated in upstream ocaml to improve both my own experience and the experience of others :)

Relevant Mantis tickets:
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=6267
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=6270

Thanks!
Josh Watzman

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamldebug improvement patches
@ 2014-01-10 19:22 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2014-01-10 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Watzman; +Cc: caml-list

Note that a review does not need to be performed by someone with
commit access first (just as, in Linux kernel land, not only subsystem
maintainers comment on proposed patches). Doing an independent review
of a patch is in fact a good way to start contributing to the compiler
development.

@ 2014-01-11 14:35   ` Adrien Nader
From: Adrien Nader @ 2014-01-11 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Scherer; +Cc: Josh Watzman, caml-list