Le Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Thomas Refis a écrit : > 2014/1/13 Gabriel Scherer : > > On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Daniel Bünzli > > wrote: > >> It's not only easy to browse, it's *great* to browse: all the web-based mailing list archives I interact with are not even able to follow a thread running across two month. I really feel we're in 2014. > > > > This is a bit too snarky for me to guess what you want. > > I'd have thought that part was pretty obvious. If the discussion > starts on the 28th of a month, and is continued the next month. The > "sympa" interface gives you no easy way to follow the thread. You need > to "select" the second month, and find the thread again. > > > I'm already doing a few reviews on mantis, and occasionally uses the > > github in-patch-commenting interface when people send a link to a > > github-hosted patch (eg. http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=6274 > > ). > > Since we're talking about it: I was a bit confused with that review. > Although *I* find the github interface nicer than mantis and the "in > patch comments" really useful, I didn't know whether I should answer > your comments on github or on mantis, and people on mantis might not > see the comments you did. > So I'm not sure that's really a good approach. (But of course that > particular patch was about ocamldoc, which no one really cares about, > so I guess that's ok) I like the github interface, but it's clear that it also comes with vendor lock-in. To mitigate it, may it be possible to duplicate every mail from github (issues, pull requests, i.e. any interesting discussion) to a separate mailing-list that would serve as archive+backup? The question is "how to store the mails for archive". my 2 cents -- Simon