* [Caml-list] [JOB] OCaml backend developer at Ahrefs in Singapore
@ 2014-04-01  9:50 ygrek
From: ygrek @ 2014-04-01  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: ocaml-jobs

Hi,

 Ahrefs Pte Ltd <http://ahrefs.com/> is looking for a backend developer to join our small high-skilled team of professionals.

 At Ahrefs we have built an internet-wide crawler and a custom distributed petabyte-scale database to
store the index of the whole Web. On top of that we are currently building various analytical
services for end-users. This is where you will be able to apply your skills and push the world forward.

 We are a small company <http://ahrefs.com/team.php>, enjoying global visibility of our work
and vivid feedback from users, with an everyday opportunity to leverage our skills to maximum potential,
limited only by our own ideas. 3/4 of the company are developers, and backend team is the primary driving force here.

 Our motto is "first do it, then do it right, then do it better".

What we need
------------

 Our backend is implemented mainly in OCaml, as such the knowledge of OCaml is a big plus. Otherwise, understanding
of functional programming in general and interest in learning OCaml is required. The candidate will have to deal
with the following technologies on the daily basis :
  - networks & distributed systems
  - 3+ petabyte of live data
  - OCaml
  - linux
  - git

Knowledge of C++ is a plus.

The ideal candidate is expected to :
  - independtly deal with and investigate bugs, schedule tasks and dig code
  - make argumented technical choice and take responsibility for it
  - understand the whole technology stack at all levels : from network and userspace code to OS internals and hardware
  - handle full development cycle of a single component, i.e. formalize task, write code and tests, setup and support production (devops)
  - approach problems with practical mindset and suppress perfectionism when time is a priority

These requirements stem naturally from our approach to development with fast feedback cycle, highly-focused personal areas
of responsibility and strong tendency to vertical component splitting.

What you get
------------

We offer :
  - competitive salary
  - modern office in Singapore city centre
  - relocation package
  - insurance
  - informal and thriving atmosphere
  - first-class workplace equipment (hardware, tools)
  - international team
  - no dress code

Contact
-------

  Interested? Drop your CV and short description of how we can benefit each other
along with salary expectations and date of availability to connect@ahrefs.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-04-01  9:50 UTC | newest]