* [Caml-list] Ocaml / Gtk+ / Tk / lablgtk / labltk / clist / tableview
@ 2014-07-27 20:39 Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2014-07-27 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I want to have a Widget with a Gtk+ clist
(or TK-enhancement's tableview) with some buttons (or radioboxes)
left side oriented of each of the rows.

I first tried to use lablgtk and there the clist,
and add some buttons in front (leftsided) of the rows.
I found no way to make the buttons of same height
as the clist-rows (other by tring to make the
rows-height as the seemingly default of the buttons).
(What if the defaults of heights change after a new version, then the
GUI looks broken.)

So I thought about switching to Tk / labltk.
The GUI usage of Tk seemed much easier to me then.
But there is no aeuqivalent to Gtk+'s clist (GList.clist in labltk).
But there seems to be a tableview-widget, which could help me,
but which is *not* part of the official Tk-core.

But there is a library that can be used, so adding it would be fine.

But there seem to be no OCaml-binding for it.

So I may switch back and try it again in lablgtk?

I heard there is a more general version of the clist,
that also allows adding *any* button in the list/table,
not just text-entries.
Which widget to use for this?

I have no real preference lablgtk vs. labltk,
but would use the way that gives results the fastest way.
I don't need to win the fancy-GUI-contest,
it's intended to have a powerful GUI for my task.

So, I'm open to any recomendations.

Ciao,
    Oliver

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-07-27 20:39 UTC | newest]