* [Caml-list] Adding support for OCaml in PythonTeX
@ 2015-03-15 20:08 José Romildo Malaquias
From: José Romildo Malaquias @ 2015-03-15 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: gpoore

Hello.

PythonTeX [https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pythontex] is a LaTeX package that
allows Python code entered within a TeX document to be executed, and the
output to be included in the original document. It supports other
languagens beside Python.

I have just requested inclusion of OCaml support in PythonTeX:
https://github.com/gpoore/pythontex/issues/62

The author of PythonTeX says it could be possible, and he explained what
would be needed from the OCaml side. See the discussion in issue #62 in
the previous link.

Basically, it would need a program which reads lines from a text file,
and these lines are given as input to an interactive session, giving
back input interspersed with output. He gives more details in the issue
discussion. Please read the issue discussion in the above link.

Is there already such a program? If not, can it be easily written?

I appreciate any help in providing this program.

Regards,

Romildo

* Re: [Caml-list] Adding support for OCaml in PythonTeX
@ 2015-03-19 18:25 ` Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2015-03-19 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: José Romildo Malaquias, caml-list, gpoore

Your best bet would probably be to modify utop. Not sure how much work
that would be, but at least most of the pieces are in place.

martin

@ 2015-03-19 18:58   ` Thomas Gazagnaire
From: Thomas Gazagnaire @ 2015-03-19 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin DeMello; +Cc: José Romildo Malaquias, caml-list, gpoore

Maybe something like https://github.com/agarwal/oloop could help?

(I'm not one the author, and I have no idea what it does exactly)

@ 2015-03-19 19:56     ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2015-03-19 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Gazagnaire
  Cc: Martin DeMello, José Romildo Malaquias, caml-list, gpoore

The goal of oloop is to help authors of blog posts, books, etc. include
OCaml code blocks in their writing, and have the code automatically
evaluated through the toplevel. This is done for example on OCaml.org, and
we wanted to factor out that code and make it more robust. If it can be
extended in any way for other purposes, please add an issue and/or submit a
pull request.

@ 2015-03-19 19:57 ` Roberto Di Cosmo
From: Roberto Di Cosmo @ 2015-03-19 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: José Romildo Malaquias, caml-list, gpoore