On 16-03-06 14:03:42, Hezekiah M. Carty wrote: > On Sun, Mar 6, 2016, 6:16 AM Christophe Raffalli < > Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr> wrote: > > On 16-03-05 19:42:46, Hendrik Boom wrote: > > Aren't there already bindings of OpenGL for OCaml? > > Yes, but not for recent version of Open LG (i.e. version 3 and 4) or > GLES (any version). > > > There are thin bindings to OpenGL 3+4 and GLES 2+3: > http://erratique.ch/software/tgls > > They have been around for a while, with the first release back in 2014 and the > most recent last year. Hello, I did not know these bindings, but there are too lowlevel for what I want when I teach (only one type for GLenum). The lowlevel bindings of gles use polymorphic variant, so reading the mli, you know what is allowed for a given GL function. Moreover, the highlevel bindings provide the necessary functions to really program. For instance, the Matrix module provide a function to compute the NormalMatrix from the ModelView matrix. I know it is not hard to inverse/transpose and extract a sub 3x3 matrice from a given matrice, idem for an equivalent to the lookat GLU matrix ... But it is better if this is already done. The idea would be to have (we are not there yet) Highlevel binding that can not trigger GLerror ... with little impact on performance. Cheers, Christophe