Hi, I didn't know development of nanomsg had resumed, but it's good news. I use rgrinberg's onanomsg binding, which works fine for me (although it's only for a small program), no memleaks, and the API is nice. I think the bindings are quite mature and rgrinberg is very nice to interact with ;-). Le Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Dario Teixeira a écrit : > I'm evaluating ZeroMQ and Nanomsg for the middleware of a distributed > application. Now, I know both projects have had a fair share of drama > in the past, to the point that it's hard for an outside observer to be > up-to-date on the *current* strengths and weaknesses of each one. Still, > it's my understanding that though ZeroMQ is more established, Nanomsg was > developed later by one of the original authors of ZeroMQ, and supposedly > fixes some of the architectural mistakes of ZeroMQ. To complicate matters, > Nanomsg's author quit the project a while ago, leaving it in limbo for > a while. In the meantime, it seems development has picked up again, and > Nanomsg recently had its 1.0 release. > > Anyway, I'm sure the picture I painted above is incomplete. Therefore, > I would be much obliged to hear your opinions and experiences with either > project. I will be using the OCaml bindings, obviously, so the maturity of > the bindings is also a factor. (On first glance they seem quite complete > and both offer support for LWT, which is a must.) -- Simon Cruanes http://weusepgp.info/ key 49AA62B6, fingerprint 949F EB87 8F06 59C6 D7D3 7D8D 4AC0 1D08 49AA 62B6