* [Caml-list] On .gitignore
@ 2017-03-24  7:05 Kenichi Asai
From: Kenichi Asai @ 2017-03-24  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Why is /otherlibs/systhreads/thread.ml listed in .gitignore in the
OCaml distribution (or in the github repository)?  Because of this,
when I make a local git repository from the OCaml source and clone it
to somewhere else, I get an error when I do "make world" because of
the missing thread.ml file.  Is it safe to remove the line from
.gitignore?

Peculiarly, when I modify thread.ml, "git status" reports that the
file is modified, even though it is listed in .gitignore.  I might not
understand the behavior of .gitignore quite right.

I found the following files exist and match .gitignore:

.depend
/otherlibs/systhreads/thread.ml
testsuite/tests/asmcomp/mips.s
testsuite/tests/opaque/intf/opaque_impl.mli
testsuite/tests/opaque/intf/opaque_intf.mli
testsuite/tests/opaque/intf/regular.mli

--
Kenichi Asai