On Tue, Jul 18, Adrien Nader wrote: > First of all, I absolutely definitely completely would not call these > "needless" and even less say that breakage was voluntary. I understand > your frustration but the way you communicate about the issue doesn't > come out as nice. It was not meant to be rude or demanding. Sorry for that. > I don't think it makes sense to try to give you straight away another > variable to use. Chances are that, in the first place, this variable > wasn't the one that made sense to use. Moreover its content could change > at any time (and did change). If you explain the needs, then it should > be possible to give you better hints to adapt to this change. It seems labltk is the only package which makes use of BYTECC/NATIVECC. So in this context cc7ad5650a is correct. I was hoping labltk.git#master would just work with "every" ocaml version. But now #master works with none. As noted in other replies, there is an issue open at github. Hopefully it gets sorted out at some point. Olaf