* [Caml-list] Riot.im
@ 2019-03-04 16:47 RJ
From: RJ @ 2019-03-04 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 444 bytes --]

All,

Is anyone interested in using the Matrix protocol as a form of communication via Riot.im? Its bridge functionality, reasonably well-designed GUI, and powerful encryption tools could potentially attract some exposure to the language; I am a big fan of it. There are official pages for Arch, F Droid, Haskell, etc. on it currently - among others. It seems to be more reliable on-the-go than tools like email, the discuss pages, etc.

R.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 702 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: publickey - lists@rj95.be - 0x4CB26DA0.asc --]

* Re: [Caml-list] Riot.im
@ 2019-03-05 10:20 ` Jim Tittsler
From: Jim Tittsler @ 2019-03-05 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 04:47:29PM +0000, RJ wrote:
> Is anyone interested in using the Matrix protocol as a form of
> communication via Riot.im? Its bridge functionality, reasonably
> well-designed GUI, [...]

I monitor the #ocaml IRC channel using the Riot client thanks to
the IRC bridge.  This makes it easy to review activity during
periods when I am not online.
  https://riot.im/app/#/room/#freenode_#ocaml:matrix.org

* Re: [Caml-list] Riot.im
@ 2019-03-12 11:20 ` Andreas Poisel
From: Andreas Poisel @ 2019-03-12 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

* RJ <lists@rj95.be> [04.03.2019 19:15]:

> Is anyone interested in using the Matrix protocol as a form of
> communication via Riot.im? Its bridge functionality, reasonably
> well-designed GUI, and powerful encryption tools could potentially
> attract some exposure to the language; I am a big fan of it. There are
> official pages for Arch, F Droid, Haskell, etc. on it currently -
> among others. It seems to be more reliable on-the-go than tools like
> email, the discuss pages, etc.

I would be very much interested in a OCaml room.  Matrix is also a nice
and simple protocol, I use it for bots and status reports from my OCaml
programs.

--
Bye, Andreas