Hello, I just pushed on https://github.com/craff/block_sort.git an old piece of code: a stable sorting algorithm which is in O(n ln k) where n is the size of the list and k the number of changes of direction. It is often much faster than List.sort, on my tests, never more than 10% slower. The tests are available on github. If people are interested I could provide a version for arrays. A challenge would be to provide a O(n ln k) sorting on list that is always faster than List.sort. Any ideas ? Cheers, Christophe