* RE: windows and C libs
@ 2007-06-21 19:33 olsongt
From: olsongt @ 2007-06-21 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> > Do you mean .lib/.dll files of some specific OCaml library? They
> > usually go to %OCAMLLIB% and  %OCAMLLIB%\stublibs respectively. What's
> > wrong with it?
>
> No, I mean C library files -- e.g. where should the C-pcre libraries
> (libpcre.lib, dllpcre.dll) go?

In the MSVC toolchain, you can add the paths to your LIB and INCLUDE and PATH environment variables, or just drop them in the SDK directories if you don't mind polluting that.

DLL's can either go in the . directory, which is the first place checked, or somewhere in the path.

* windows and C libs
@ 2007-06-20 13:37 Christophe TROESTLER
From: Christophe TROESTLER @ 2007-06-20 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

WINDOWS USERS: Is there a consensus on windows on where the .lib and
.dll should go?  If not, how about to decide that here so efforts to
port libs to windows can set it as the default path.

WIN32 OCAML: When I give a path -- say -cclib "C:\Documents and
Settings\USER\Mes documents\lib\libx.lib" -- containing spaces (but
quoted) to include into a library, it is not well quoted when on uses
the library (to compile a program).  I tried "\"...\"" to  not avail.
Is there a way around that or must it be considered like a bug?

Regards,
ChriS