From: "Yaron M. Minsky" <yminsky@CS.Cornell.EDU>
To: "Caml List " <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] ipv6
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:19:09 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

Anyone know if there are plans to include these patches in the standard
distribution?

>  Shawn Wagner [Tuesday 4 March 2003] :
>  >
>  > On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:29:41AM -0500, Yaron M. Minsky wrote:
>  > > Any ideas if/when ipv6 support will make it into the Unix module?
> I know that there is a patch for the compiler that provides this
> functionality, but for obvious reasons it would be more convenient
> to have it in the standard distribution.
>  >
>  > I did a lot of work on this a while back, but got bogged down with
> other things. I think all that's left in what I was working on is
> adding getaddrinfo and getnameinfo support. I might blow the dust off
> in it in a bit, but it'll be a while, as I'm very busy with other
> things, and when it comes to ocaml stuff, another ocaml-mysql release
> has priority. That should, free time permitting, happen next week.
> Then I can hopefully dig out the ipv6 stuff.
>
> I did some things on ipv6 too. I made a patch for the Unix library :
>
> http://oandrieu.nerim.net/ocaml/index.html#ipv6
>
> There's getaddrinfo and getnameinfo support and some other things too.
>
> --
>    Olivier

|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916 (new key as of Dec 4th)
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916