* [Caml-list] Debugging mixed ocaml/C code
@ 2002-09-12  2:15 Yaron M. Minsky
       [not found] ` <15744.40944.948274.528474@monkey.x.aarg.net>
From: Yaron M. Minsky @ 2002-09-12  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Does anyone have any suggestions for debugging mixed ocaml/C code?  I
have some code that uses a wrapper for the Berkeley DB.  When using some
features of that wrapper (namely transaction support), I find that my
app segfaults.  Unfortunately, it doesn't do the nice thing and segfault
inside of the wrapper in a way that makes the bug findable with printfs.
  Instead, it segfaults in a predictable place in the ocaml code
instead.  (Surprisingly, it segfaults in the same place if I compile to
native code or bytecode.)

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to how one might go
about tracking down such a bug?  Are any of the standard debuggers (gdb,
ocamldebug) useful for mixed ocaml/C code?

Thanks,
Yaron