From: Francois Rouaix <francois@rouaix.org>
To: Alex Efros <powerman@sky.net.ua>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] socket PF_PACKET
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:40:11 +0200	[thread overview]

I'll give it a try, although my answer is not authoritative...
If PF_PACKET is Linux only, as I believe it is, it is unlikely that it
will be
added in the default Unix library, which mostly conforms to Posix
standards.
On the other hand, it should be fairly obvious for someone to write
another
version of socket() that supports it, and package it in a "Linux"
module.
--f
PS: Don't assume that your question is simple because you know what
PF_PACKET is...