* patch recherche d'acquereur
@ 1996-12-14  8:28 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 1996-12-14  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Stefan Monnier

Here are two patches for ocaml-1.03's Makefiles.
As you can see, nothing tremendous, it basically just makes sure that
the install step doesn't actually perform any useful computations: the
libcmlrun.a is build before that (and used for camlrun's build, as it
should probably have always been but strangely hasn't been until now)
and similarily, toplevellib.cma is built (and used for building ocaml).

This way I can do the "make install" on a different system than the one
I built ocaml. And it also makes me feel better because it is closer to
"the right thing". I still haven't been able to use anykind of shared-library,
tho. Anybody has been better luck ? Anybody tried to improve ocaml so as to
make it easier to use shared-linking (of .so is OK on most systems, but what
about shared-linking of toplevel.cma and stdlib.cma) ?

	Stefan