* [Caml-list] [Announce] Statistical memory profiling for OCaml
@ 2017-11-13 23:02 Jacques-Henri Jourdan
From: Jacques-Henri Jourdan @ 2017-11-13 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear OCaml community,

It is my pleasure to announce statmemprof, a statistical memory profiler
for OCaml. This tool will help you better understand the memory
consumption of your programs and find memory leaks. It can be tuned to
have little overhead (as low as < 1%) while still gathering useful
information.

This tool can already be installed via opam:
<pre><code class="bash">$ opam switch 4.06.0+statistical-memprof  #The
switch also exists for 4.03.0 and 4.05.0.
$ opam install statmemprof-emacs
</code></pre>
Then, instructions for using it can be found be reading the <a
href="https://github.com/jhjourdan/statmemprof-emacs/blob/master/README.md">README</a>
file.

Please note that even though this tool is already useful, it is still at
a preliminary stage of development. I would be very happy to get your
comments to help me understand what would be the most useful improvements.

Happy hacking !

--
JH Jourdan