* ocamlbuild - how to force the rebuilding of a target inside a plugin?
@ 2010-02-21 22:15 Vincent Aravantinos
From: Vincent Aravantinos @ 2010-02-21 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi list,

does anybody (Nicolas?) knows if it is possible to force a target to
be rebuilt from within an ocamlbuild plugin?

Concretely I am making a plugin for LaTeX compilation and would like
to say to ocamlbuild:
"first compile the source, then if the .aux file has changed then
recompile it".

V.

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild - how to force the rebuilding of a target inside a plugin?
@ 2010-02-22 13:45 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2010-02-22 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Aravantinos, caml-list

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:15:09 +0100, Vincent Aravantinos <vincent.aravantinos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> does anybody (Nicolas?) knows if it is possible to force a target to
> be rebuilt from within an ocamlbuild plugin?
>
> Concretely I am making a plugin for LaTeX compilation and would like
> to say to ocamlbuild:
> "first compile the source, then if the .aux file has changed then
> recompile it".

I would suggest to not try to bypass the dependency system and to instead
try to make a rule that fits ocamlbuild mechanism. However the simpler
is maybe to call a tool which does this job like rubber.

--
Nicolas Pouillard
http://nicolaspouillard.fr

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlbuild - how to force the rebuilding of a target inside a plugin?
@ 2010-02-22 14:30   ` Vincent Aravantinos
From: Vincent Aravantinos @ 2010-02-22 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Pouillard; +Cc: caml-list

Le 22 févr. 10 à 14:45, Nicolas Pouillard a écrit :

> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:15:09 +0100, Vincent Aravantinos <vincent.aravantinos@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> does anybody (Nicolas?) knows if it is possible to force a target to
>> be rebuilt from within an ocamlbuild plugin?
>>
>> Concretely I am making a plugin for LaTeX compilation and would like
>> to say to ocamlbuild:
>> "first compile the source, then if the .aux file has changed then
>> recompile it".
>
> I would suggest to not try to bypass the dependency system and to
> instead
> try to make a rule that fits ocamlbuild mechanism. However the simpler
> is maybe to call a tool which does this job like rubber.

Great, I didn't know of this tool! I'll use it.

Still, would have it been possible to make a dependency on the .aux
file such that ocamlbuild can be aware that this file changed in order
to launch a new compilation?

@ 2010-02-22 16:11     ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2010-02-22 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Aravantinos; +Cc: caml-list