* Basic Polymorphic Typechecking
@ 2007-09-11  0:16 Jonathan Bryant
From: Jonathan Bryant @ 2007-09-11  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Caml-list,

Does anybody know of/have a link to/copy of an implementation of the
type system in the Cardelli paper (http://www.lucacardelli.name/
Papers/BasicTypechecking.pdf) or an equally basic type inference
implementation in Caml/ML/Haskell?  I'm rather lost trying to follow
the Modula-2 code given in the paper as well as the Perl version
linked to on Wikipedia because I don't know either language.  I've
tried looking at Caml-Light as a reference, but it implements several
non-trival extensions, so it doesn't serve as a good reference for a
first time implementing the algorithm.

Thanks,
--Jonathan Bryant

* Re: [Caml-list] Basic Polymorphic Typechecking
@ 2007-09-11  0:29 ` brogoff
From: brogoff @ 2007-09-11  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Bryant; +Cc: Caml List

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Jonathan Bryant wrote:

> Caml-list,
>
> Does anybody know of/have a link to/copy of an implementation of the
> type system in the Cardelli paper (http://www.lucacardelli.name/
> Papers/BasicTypechecking.pdf) or an equally basic type inference
> implementation in Caml/ML/Haskell?

http://pauillac.inria.fr/~remy/cours/appsem/ocaml-ml.html

has a some type inference code for core Caml, in OCaml. You should be
able to snip the code from the web page.

-- Brian