You must teach merging to understand your project. In general, you it means that you should write a .merlin file, that should show merlin where to search for your source code, build directory and libraries you’re using. It is described [1] at merlin site. Also, you can look at other projects and use them as an example for merlin configuration [2] [1] https://github.com/the-lambda-church/merlin#merlin-project [2] https://github.com/BinaryAnalysisPlatform/bap On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:15 AM, Sébastien Hinderer wrote: > Christophe Troestler (2015/01/27 12:56 +0100): >>> It sometimes happens to me that I have troubles locating the exact >>> expression OCaml reers to in error messages. So, I am wonering: would it >>> be possible to have a mode where the error message would include the >>> expression itself, rather than the "This"? >> >> If you compile within Emacs (C-c C-c), you can just click on the error >> to go to the right location. > > Well, I have merlin installed and strangely enough it seems to detect > more errors than the OCaml compiler. Perhaps because it's not reading > all the modules it should. The errors are missing type constructors > andother values... > >> It will temporarily highlight the expression the error is about. > > Well, as a blind user, the highlighting is not very convenient. Perhaps > there could be an option which, whenenabled, would mark the expression > as an emacs region. > > Thanks, > Sébastien. > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs