From: Yoann Padioleau <padator@wanadoo.fr>
To: Andrei Formiga <andrei.formiga@gmail.com>
Cc: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] pfff_visual, a fancy code visualizer/navigator for OCaml, and more
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:18:26 -0700	[thread overview]

On Sep 25, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Andrei Formiga wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> I like the idea of code visualization and would like to try
> pfff_visual. Alas, I'm having trouble building it. The first thing I
> noticed is that the repository bundles versions of all its
> dependencies, apparently. I have most of these installed already
> through GODI, and I didn't look at the makefiles, but does the code
> try to use the system versions of the libraries, if present?

Nope. It is using only library code from external/.

> Right now
> the error I'm seeing seems to be related to ocaml-bdb,

I've updated the git repository to remove the dependency to ocamlbdb (it is used
now only when processing PHP code, which I guess you don't care). Can you pull
again or download the latest version (git clone git://github.com/facebook/pfff.git )
and  use ./configure -nobdb ?

> though I have a
> version installed (and working) through GODI:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/andrei/tmp/pfff/external/ocamlbdb'
> ocamlc -c bdb.ml
> File "bdb.ml", line 255, characters 19-30:
> Error: Unbound constructor DB_NOTFOUND

Could you send me bdb.ml  and  /usr/include/db.h ?
Which OS are you using ?