On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Markus Mottl wrote: > 2009/3/16 Yaron Minsky : > > I would humbly propose that this thread has now gotten deeply off-topic, > and > > perhaps discussion on the list should turn back to programming languages, > > rather than to deep philosophical questions about the nature of the > > financial markets. > > I'd also rather keep this thread off the list now and will only reply > off the list in the future if it seems reasonable. This thread has > become way too political for my taste. That's disappointing since you were quite willing to take the bait in the first place :) But seriously, I'd suggest that your company could augment its excellent technical outreach efforts to the academic/engineering/free-software crowd with some education about why you are proud of your business. It's good for recruitment! Especially considering, however unjustified it may or may not be, how much embitterment there is towards your field right now. Mike