From: Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@math.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To: Jun Inoue <jun.lambda@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Type That's Concrete From Within A Library Abstract From Without
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:05:49 +0900	[thread overview]

You can provide a mli for the -pack.
Just compile it before.

$ cat > a.ml
type t = int
let x : int = 3
$ cat > b.ml
let x2 = A.x * A.x
$ ocamlc -for-pack P a.ml b.ml
$ cat > p.mli
module A : sig type t val x : t end
module B : sig val x2 : int end
$ ocamlc -c p.mli
$ ocamlc -pack -o p.cmo a.cmo b.cmo

Now, if you use your library with only p.cmo and p.cmi available, you will
only be able to access it through the interface you provided.

Also, the method using module aliases can work too: you just have
to use longer file names for the internal modules, to reduce the risk of
conflicts. But this is more involved than using -pack with a mli.

Jacques Garrigue