* [Caml-list] Creating a dynamic Library on Mac OS X
@ 2012-07-12 15:09 Keyan
From: Keyan @ 2012-07-12 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I have the following problem. In my main program, I load dynamic libraries during runtime on demand. One of those libraries will access ocaml code. Compiling works fine, until I link everything to a dynamic library, in which case I get the following error:

  "_caml_code_area_start", referenced from:
      _segv_handler in output.a(signals_asm.o)
      _caml_code_checksum in output.a(intern.o)
      _intern_rec in output.a(intern.o)
      _extern_rec in output.a(extern.o)
  "_caml_code_area_end", referenced from:
      _segv_handler in output.a(signals_asm.o)
      _caml_code_checksum in output.a(intern.o)
      _intern_rec in output.a(intern.o)
      _extern_rec in output.a(extern.o)
  "_caml_atom_table", referenced from:
      _caml_alloc in output.a(alloc.o)
      _caml_alloc_dummy_float in output.a(alloc.o)
      _caml_alloc_dummy in output.a(alloc.o)
      _caml_alloc_array in output.a(alloc.o)
      _caml_copy_string_array in output.a(alloc.o)
      _intern_alloc in output.a(intern.o)
      _intern_rec in output.a(intern.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1

I use:

ocaml 3.12.1
Darwin 11.4.0 (Mac OS X 10.7.4)
gcc: i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2

I don't use Xcode, but cmake/make.

Attached to this email is a minimal example, demonstrating the problem. It is fully self-containable, i.e. it contains the Makefile and the source files.

Cheers,
Keyan