From: Dario Teixeira <darioteixeira@yahoo.com>
To: guillaume.yziquel@citycable.ch
Cc: OCaml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] GPL with linking exception?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:26:20 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hi,

> My question about GPL is mostly the following: Can you
> distribute GPL bytecode files? Do you have any issues when
> 'linking' the runtime with the GPL bytecode?
>
> Or are there other issues preventing from releasing GPL OCaml code?

If you want a waterproof lawyerly response you should consider contacting
an organisation like the Software Freedom Law Center [1].  Nevertheless,
IMHO I see no obstacle in using the GPL with Ocaml code, and there are
in fact plenty of Ocaml projects using this license.  Could you elaborate
on why you feel that the GPL could in theory prevent the release of Ocaml
code?

Cheers,
Dario Teixeira

[1] http://www.softwarefreedom.org/