From: Dave Berry <dave@kal.com>
To: Ohad Rodeh <orodeh@cs.huji.ac.il>, Pierre Weis <Pierre.Weis@inria.fr>
Cc: Mattias Waldau <mattias.waldau@abc.se>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: RE: Where did the exception occur?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:20:06 -0000	[thread overview]

People seem to be confusing "language" and "implementation".  MLWorks (a now
defunct implementation of SML) implemented "pop" semantics by "pushing" a
handler onto the stack, which enabled debugging of the stack from the
debugger.  (Then again, MLWorks code couldn't be called from C, so Ohad's
case couldn't arise).  Other implementations of SML may well report the line
number where the exception occurred: this is definitely a useful feature.

Dave.