* RE: XML, HTTP, SOAP (was RE: JIT-compilation for OCaml?)
@ 2001-01-11 12:42 Dave Berry
From: Dave Berry @ 2001-01-11 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mattias Waldau, Dave Berry, John Max Skaller, Markus Mottl; +Cc: OCAML

Here at KAL we do develop many of our applications using scripting languages
in IE, as you describe.  But within this we embed ActiveX controls or
Javabeans that provide significant functionality (e.g. business logic or
device control).  The script handles the events generated by the embedded
components.  So this is an example of advanced web programming that does
require explicit language support, and if you wanted the same program to run
on different architectures you would need a VM (or multiple
architecture-specific installations).

From: Mattias Waldau @ 2001-01-10  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Berry, John Max Skaller, Markus Mottl; +Cc: OCAML