* GtkMozilla and LablGTK
@ 2009-06-03 12:12 Grünewald Michaël
From: Grünewald Michaël @ 2009-06-03 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Dear list,

I am interested in embedding Mozilla in a Gtk+ application. There
exists a GtkMozilla widget published on mozilla.org making Mozilla
available on the C-side, and I found a potential binding for this
widget in LablGTK in lablgtk2's mailing list's archive: the discussion
I refer to occured in 2003. What is the status of these bindings today?
--
Cheers,
Michaël

* Re: [Caml-list] GtkMozilla and LablGTK
@ 2009-06-03 17:57 ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2009-06-03 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grünewald Michaël; +Cc: caml users

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 02:12:49PM +0200, Grünewald Michaël wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am interested in embedding Mozilla in a Gtk+ application. There
> exists a GtkMozilla widget published on mozilla.org making Mozilla
> available on the C-side, and I found a potential binding for this
> widget in LablGTK in lablgtk2's mailing list's archive: the discussion
> I refer to occured in 2003. What is the status of these bindings today?

I used this, a _long_ time ago (2002? 2003?), to embed Mozilla into a
commercial application I wrote at the time.  It worked and was stable.

However I have no idea about the code now, whether it will still work
with newer versions of Mozilla, or what happened upstream.

I strongly suggest that you try to get it included in lablgtk2.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

* Re: [Caml-list] GtkMozilla and LablGTK
@ 2009-06-04 15:56   ` Grünewald Michaël
From: Grünewald Michaël @ 2009-06-04 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Jones; +Cc: caml users

Le 3 juin 09 à 19:57, Richard Jones a écrit :

> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 02:12:49PM +0200, Grünewald Michaël wrote:
>> I am interested in embedding Mozilla in a Gtk+ application. There
>> exists a GtkMozilla widget published on mozilla.org making Mozilla
>> available on the C-side, and I found a potential binding for this
>> widget in LablGTK in lablgtk2's mailing list's archive: the
>> discussion
>> I refer to occured in 2003. What is the status of these bindings
>> today?
>
> I used this, a _long_ time ago (2002? 2003?), to embed Mozilla into a
> commercial application I wrote at the time.  It worked and was stable.

It might be 2003 since you took part to the discussion I formerly
referred to.

> However I have no idea about the code now, whether it will still work
> with newer versions of Mozilla, or what happened upstream.
>
> I strongly suggest that you try to get it included in lablgtk2.

This is how I pictured tings myself. Taking a big breath before
starting the work, I suddenly realized I had air enough to ask if
somebody preceded me.

Thank you for your answer.
--
Tia,