* CAML-Light: compiling toplevel__include
@ 1996-10-30  5:38 Rob Farley
From: Rob Farley @ 1996-10-30  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I have a program, in which I make a note of the commands that are
called.  This allows me to save my work, and hopefully recall it
later.

Under the toplevel interface, I can use the 'include' command, which
I call in a function called 'restore_work', but when I try to compile
this program, it won't compile because there's no way of including
the toplevel library.

So I thought, well, since they're simply saved as strings, is there
a way of evaluating a string?  If, for example, I have a string called
"print_string (string_of_int !current_value);;", is there a way that
I can run this 'command'?  That would mean that I could read the file
into a string, and then simply execute it - thus solving my initial
problem - but I can't find anything in the documentation or FAQ about
how to do this...

Can any of you help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Farley

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-10-30  9:41 UTC | newest]