* Found many nails
@ 1999-01-26  0:03 Miles Egan
From: Miles Egan @ 1999-01-26  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Thanks for all of your sexcellent suggestions.  It's great to know there's so
much OCaml activity.  I'll have to think about all these ideas for a bit and
decide which one I'm most likely to attack successfully.

 --
miles

* If i had a hammer / Si javais un marteau, je serais..
@ 1999-01-27 22:05 ` Yves DURET
From: Yves DURET @ 1999-01-27 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

[(bad)English]

Hello,

The Markus Mottl message have revealed me that it could be good to have
a page presenting the software developping under Caml and also projects
under construction.. with
	- a short description,
	- name of the author(s) with mail, link to home page and other stuff,
	- last version / a progress indicator if it is a project
	- .. snapshots.. every thing that could have an interest..
what do you think about ?
I can find a place for it (but perhaps it is better on the Inria
web-site/ Caml page (i do not if it is possible..)..) and beginning the
job..

yves

[Francais]

Bonjour,

Le message de Markus Mottl ma donne l'idee de constituer une page
enumerant les soft deja realises en caml ou en cours de realisation avec
:
	- une ptite description
	- nom du (des) author(s) avec email, homepage..
	- derniere version / indictauer de progression si projet
	- copie d'ecran et autres rensaignements utiles..
Quen pensez vous ?
Je peux trouve de la place (genre multimania.com/caml ou
xoom.com/caml...) mais si cest possible, ce serait ptet mieux
directement sur le site de caml..

Une question : Pour quelles raisons la distrib de caml n'est pas sur la
distrib de RedHat alors quelle est sur le RHDC..plus tard ? pb de
licence (gpl) ?

cordialement

yves
y++
  \__|     yves.duret@wanadoo.fr            //\
     |     www.multimania.com/hyde          v_/_
\____|     icq# 19422405

* Re: If i had a hammer / Si javais un marteau, je serais..
@ 1999-01-28 11:29   ` Christian Lindig
From: Christian Lindig @ 1999-01-28 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The Markus Mottl message have revealed me that it could be good to have
> a page presenting the software developping under Caml and also projects
> under construction.. with
> 	- a short description,
> 	- name of the author(s) with mail, link to home page and other stuff,
> 	- last version / a progress indicator if it is a project
> 	- .. snapshots.. every thing that could have an interest..

Sounds like a good idea to me; perhaps something similar to the
Comprehensive Perl/Tex Archive Network (CPAN http://www.cpan.org/,
CTAN http://www.ctan.org) -- we could call it CCAN - Comprehensive
Caml Archive Network.  I'm not familiar with the organization of this
basar style code pools but think they provide a good role model.

-- Christian

--
 Christian Lindig   Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany
                    http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/people/lindig

* Re: If i had a hammer / Si javais un marteau, je serais..
@ 1999-01-28 12:50 Toby Moth
From: Toby Moth @ 1999-01-28 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, lindig

I think there is only one name possible for a comprehensive
Caml archive:

The Hump

Possible slogans:

* I've got the hump.
* One hump or two ?
* Humpback of Pauillac

Toby Moth

p.s One year ago there were 400 people on the caml mailing list.
Now there are supposedly 400 people on the caml mailing list...
Can this really be so ?