* Re: ocamlpvm
       [not found] ` <4.3.1.1.20000504091041.00dd4a20@amnh.org>
@ 2000-05-04 13:46   ` jean-marc alliot
From: jean-marc alliot @ 2000-05-04 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Ward Wheeler

Ward Wheeler wrote:

> I wonder if it involves some  older code you may have
> upgraded.  Have you made a v3.0 version of your OCAMLPVM code?
> Thank you,
>         Ward Wheeler

Yes ocamlpvm has been upgraded for ocaml3.00, but it has also been largely
rewritten. It implements now all (or most of all, one or two might be missing) pvm
functions, including groups functions. It is now a pvm type-safe implementation ; we
have added  pvm_pkobj and pvm_upkobj for transferring any data from an ocaml program
to another using Marshalling.
The distribution includes two utilities: daemons and mailboxes, based on PVM.
We use it everyday  and it is (I think) extremely stable.

What is missing? The documentation. But it is fairly compatible with Pvm doc.

JM Alliot

PS : ocamlpvm is the ML bindings for the PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) package,
which is widely used for distributing computations across networks of computers.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-05-04 16:43 UTC | newest]